Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Frosty In Wonderland by Starry Nights Studio

My card today was for a sample at the Stamps R Us challenge blog, the challenge started Monday, October 18th and will end October 31st.  It's a sketch challenge and I used Frosty In Wonderland by Starry Nights Studio, what a fun image to color!  
Here's the sketch for you to try, be sure to enter your card at the Stamps R Us blog when you're done! 

I used Copic markers to color Frosty along with Gina K Designs Hunter Green card stock, Neenah Red Linen card stock, Basic Black and Neenah Solar White and a heavy weight Vellum that I bought 100 sheets of by mistake a few years ago.  The Merry Christmas is a stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps and the snow flakes are a Martha Stewart punch and another old dull punch I have.  I ran the Vellum panel behind Frosty through the Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder and attached it to a white panel of card stock keeping the tape hidden and attached it to a Hunter Green panel.   One of the smaller snowflakes is punched from the Vellum but the larger punch kept breaking the snowflake so I used red under it to make it pop.  I added the red rhinestones to the snowflakes and my card was compete.  I really enjoyed this sketch and will probably use it again and again.  Thanks Alissa for a great versatile sketch!

Challenges:
Stamps R Us - Sketch Challenge
Inky Impressions - Anything Goes
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Inspiration Challenge
MelJen's - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful! I love your coloring Jan. I like what you did with the vellum too. Great Christmas card

Marilyn said...

Grand card Jan... I would never have thought of using a winter scene with this layout but yours is great! I love that image too.

Sprytebyrd said...

So pretty, Jan! Such a great holiday card, your coloring is awesome!
Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Country Mouse said...

Love the vibrant colors!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Meljen's Designs for this week's challenge!! Great job!!!

audrey

Cheryl said...

This is such a cute holiday card! I love this image.

Thank you for joining the “Anything Goes” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic Christmas card! Beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions this week! hugs, Angela

paige said...

After fall is over my next great stamping love is snowman cards! Love this cute one!

Jessica Fitzgerald (aka MommaJess) said...

Such a pretty card. I love snowmen. Thanks for joinging us this week for Anything Goes at Meljen's Designs.

Jess