Saturday, November 6, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Boy & Dog Bookplate

You might have noticed I missed a few blog posts this last week.  I have a large order for birthday cards I've been working on and I've had classes with stamping friends too.

  And then there's a new computer with Windows 7 I'm getting used to.  I like it, but not everything that's connected to it works correctly the first time so I've had to re-visit some of the installations and figure out what to do to make it all work.  One day soon I should be back to full crafting capacity.    

For this card I tried a new to me color combination B24, B26 & B28.  I have a need for our school colors with cards coming up and came across some Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue card stock so I thought I'd see how close I could get.  These three colors blended together effortlessly for me on the Neenah Classic Crest Solar White card stock.  The card layout is Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps sketch #41.

The image I used for this card is by Michelle Perkett Studio called Boy & Dog bookplate.  I used my photo editing software (Picasa 3) and cropped the outline and text from around the picture so I could make a birthday card instead of a bookplate.  I hope Michelle isn't unhappy with me for altering her art work.  That's one of the reasons I like digital images so much, I can manipulate them to suit my needs and retain the integrity of the original too.

Here's a photo of the original, it's available in Michelle's Etsy shop.  I'd also like to remind you of the "Under The Sea" challenge at our Michelle Perkett Studio blog, you have until this Monday evening to make a card and enter,  I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge!

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Sketch #41
Stampin' Bee's - An Animal In a Die Cut
2 Sisters Challenge - Birthday
Drunken Stampers - Punch Me
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Incy Wincy - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a cute image and beautifully done. Michelle needs to do one with a cat. The cat would be laying ON the book.

Stampfairy said...

i have to agree, a cat would be great!!!

Benzi said...

Just great...love that digi. So glad you joined the Stampin B's this week.
BTW, I am also having to get used to Windows 7..a bit different.

paige said...

Cute card!

Tammy said...

This is adorable Jan! I love that you turned this image into a birthday card!! I agree with you working with digis are so fun because can adjust them a little!

sammi said...

What an adorable Birthday card! Fantastic coloring! Thanks for playing in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion, this week. We hope you will play with us, again, in our new challenge, starting tomorrow.

Karen Howard said...

Your new color combo is brilliantly blue, well done!!! Love the image too, that puppy is so cute!!! Hugs, Karen