Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Michelle Perkett Studio Woofie In The Snow

Wow, what a weekend!  Did you make it through the Operation Write Home "Be My Valentine" blog hop?!  It took me two days, I visited every blog I could get into and left a comment, whew...  it was so fun!  I kept track of how many visitors I had here from 7:00 AM Saturday morning when the hop started (my time zone) till 11:00 PM Sunday evening - I had a staggering 447 visitors in that time period.  I'm always amazed at the participation in the Operation Write Home blog hops and all the nice comments our visitors leave. 
Speaking of comments...
It's time to announce the winner of my OWH blog hop blog candy!
I used random.org to choose and the winner is Grandmalee!
Congratulations Lee, I will be contacting you shortly!  
Minimum:  1
Maximum:  172
Result:  111

The rest of my blog post is about "Woofie" by Michelle Perkett Studio.


"Woofie" is a new release from Michelle Perkett Studio and there is another Woofie and a Woofie set, they are all available in Michelle's Etsy store.  I hope to have another Woofie from Michelle's collection for you this Saturday. 
For my card I used Woofie In The Snow.  I colored Woofie with Copic markers E43, E42, E42, E04, R22, R24, R27, G20, G21, G24, G28, trimmed as close as possible with my paper trimmer and matted on Gina K's textured hunter green card stock.  There was just enough room to frame my first panel so I ran a left over piece of Neenah Solar White through the Cuttlebug with a Sizzix large polka dot embossing folder and added it to the hunter green card base.  Before sticking it all down I tried out the Sparkle & Sprinkle Twinkling Clouds foofla on Woofie's hat.  Then I added little white half pearls to the dots I'd colored over on the trees.  I had some snowflakes in a bag close by so I thought they'd be fun to use too with a couple of red rhinestones I bought at Micheal's the other day.   
I'm pretty happy with the way "Woofie In The Snow" turned out!

I hope you'll join us at the Michelle Perkett Studio challenge this week!
 I thought you might like to see the other two "Woofie's"!

And...  Michelle's Snow Goddess is 20% off until November 19th!


Challenges:
Magical Monday Challenge - Let It Snow
Paper Playtime - P.S. I Love You! 
Lexi's Creations - Traditional Christmas Colors 
Anything Goes Challenge - Emboss It
Flourishes - Christmas

15 comments:

Shirley G said...

What a cute card. I love the colors and the detail you added!
TFS

Scrappychick said...

Ohhhh! He is a super cutie!! Love how this turned out :)

Sharon Huffman said...

Oh how cute! I just LOVE how many folks are coming out will all those dog stamps and digis and will definitely have to check them out! Good job!

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card,love the cute image and the pearls on the tree are so effective,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

grandmalee said...

OMGoodness! Woofie is so adorable! I love the embossed white background, as well as those pearls that really help show-off the snow on the image. Love how you did the snowflakes, too! Thanks for letting me know about the laser printer. The lines really do have a deeper color and much more definition.

jimlynn said...

Precious!!!! What a cute image and I love your card.
Lynn

Unknown said...

That is so pretty Jan. I love the embossed paper and pearls

Farida Rone said...

Adorable Creation!!! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creation and Good look.
Hugs,
Farida
P.S. I have candy on my blog if you want to pop over

mum of two said...

What a cute card! I love the image. Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Playtime this week :)

michelle

Karen Howard said...

LOVE this card and the puppy really stands out with all the white! Hugs, Karen

Carrie said...

the pearls on the trees are a fantastic touch and I love that large dot background, going to have to look for that folder

Jayne Hayward said...

This is really adorable. Love the pearls you have used on the trees and the embossed dp is really nice too.

Thanks for joining in with us over on Magical Monday

Jayne xx

Lexi said...

I love this card :D Thanks for playing at LC

hugs Lexi xxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is a gorgeous creation sweetie, love the image and colours, but we cannot include it in Magical Monday as it is not a magical image, hugs Pops x

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can help me. Thank you Wow! Thank you! I always wanted to write in my site something like that. Can I take part of your post to my blog?.