Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Designed 2 Delight Skater Boy


I used Splitcoast Stampers sketch challenge #118 for my card layout today, I think it was from 2007.  I have a couple of old sketch books I found recently that have some great stuff in them!

My card is for the Designed 2 Delight progressive challenge that they have each week, this cute image was in my e mail last Friday morning.  To find out more about the challenge click on the link under challenges at the end of my blog post.

I colored the cute skater boy with Copic markers B99, B97, B95, B93, B91, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR31, E34, E35, G07, C0, R20, E000, E00, E11, E53, T5, T3, T2, T1.  The other products I used are the Cuttlebug Diamond plate embossing folder, large silver eyelets, Orange Grossgrain ribbon and the sentiment is from the Papertrey Ink Signature Greetings stamp set.  The cardstock colors I used are Stampin' Up! Only Orange & Basic Grey, Papertrey Ink Enchanted Evening and Neenah Solar White. 

Challenges:
Designed 2 Delight - Progressive Challenge
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts - Orange
Tip Top Tuesday - For The Kids
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Summer Fun
Creative Belli - Starts With an "S" - Skateboard
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Boys, Boys, Boys!

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

h this is fab.. love that embossed strip.. fantastic boy card
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Nancy M said...

Oh, very nice. I'm always challenged by 'boy' appropriate cards. Have a great day!

pinky said...

Super cute card!! Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Jen M said...

Great card, Jan! I love that sketch with the eyelets and ribbon!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous colours..love the embossed strip..the shape is really great with the eyelets..

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Carol L said...

Great card with the eyelets and embossing, but that adorable watermark caught my eye! I LOVE it!!!

Jen Leeflang said...

I love your adorable little image! Thanks for entering your fabulous creation into our Digistamps 4 Joy "BOYS! BOYS! BOYS!" challenge.

luv n huggz
Jen
DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY DESIGN TEAM CO-ORDINATOR

Mary J said...

Yowsa honey, I luuuurve your card! so fun and perfect for a boy!

Thx for playing my orange challenge over at Ladybug Crafts Ink! Hope to see you again soon!

Mary J x

Linda said...

Great card, colors, and coloring! But that diamond plating rocks it!

Merry said...

Wow...really love how you have coloured this image. I have seen him around but not coloured this well. Great card. Visiting from Make it Monday

Paula S. said...

Great card Jan! Your coloring is awesome as usual and I really like the angled piece in the background. Looks like your old notebooks are chock full of inspiration.

Louise Fox said...

Jan, I would never have been brave enough to attempt these colors, but they really, really work. I have been enjoying also the pictures of Maxine - she is just an adorable fur-person. Our Charlie is 7 months now and he is such an adventure. I posted a picture earlier this week of a card he took from my desk! I am sure Maxine has better manners! Blessings.

Donna Hanley said...

Jan, what a great card. The image is adorable and I love the way you did the diamond plate piece. The sentiment is also adorable.

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Jan! You did a great job with this digi and I love that embossed strip! Talk about a summer fun card; it's awesome!

Unknown said...

Great sketch, colors, textures and image. This card will be a hit with someone's boy.

Caroljenks said...

Great card - love the colours and that embossing is fab.

Thanks for joining in with us over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'One For The Kids' Challenge this week :)
Good Luck!

Carol x

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love the layout you used- awesome. Darling card. Thanks for joining the Belli Blog 'S' Challenge.