Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bug A Boo Stamps Dottie


We have a new challenge starting today at Bug A Boo Stamps Catch The Bug, we are being challenged to make a project using red, white & blue and add ribbon too.

If you know me by now, you know I LIKE red, white & blue and think kraft cardstock goes well with it too!  

It's getting toward the end of June and being in Arizona our temperatures are steadily in the 110 - 115 degree range and will be for awhile now so I thought Dottie in her beach attire would be very appropriate for this challenge.  Don't you wish you looked like Dottie in a bikini?  I look more like Jodie's character Fanny...  enough about that!

I colored this cute image with Copic markers R27, R24, R22, R20, B95, B93, B91, YR24, YR21, Y21, YR00, E000, E00 and kept my layout simple.  The patterned papers are from the Doodle Pantry Stars & Stripes digital collection.  The cardstock used is Kraft, Neenah Navy Linen & Neenah Solar White.  My sentiment is a stamp by Inspired Stamps and added a little red, white & blue ribbon tails to my Spellbinders long narrow oval.  Oh, I also used Enamel Accents on Dottie's earrings.  
I hope you'll go over to the Catch The Bug blog and see all the fun creations from our design team and play along in our challenge too!

Thanks for visiting my blog today!

Challenges:
Catch The Bug - Red, White & Blue with Ribbon
Ambers Crafts & Stuff - Summer
Fab & Funky - Summer Lovin'
Pixie Cottage - Outdoor Fun
The Paper Variety - Summer
Craft Us Crazy - Red, White & Blue and/or Summer Theme
Delightful Challenges - Fun In The Sun

16 comments:

Ycats said...

what a cute stamp! really love how you did the ribbon!

jimlynn said...

She's fantastic!!! Love you card Jan - and especially those little pearl earrings! Cute.
How in the world do you stand temps that high!!! WOW
Lynn

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

HAHAHA...loving her. I have that image and never thought of using the 4th of July team. All the members are really getting me thinking. I've been away and have lots to catch up on on your blog. Just saw chart for copic coloring book....awesome!

NancyD said...

That's a fun image. I love the ribbon accent. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges. Nancy

paige said...

Fun card - what an image!

Jodie Mackrell said...

great card Jan! fabulous coloring on this!

Chris_P said...

Really cute card! Thanks for joining us at Craft us Crazy!!

Kathy said...

Oh my this is so adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me the operation write home link. I most certainly will send them my card. Have a happy weekend, Kathy

andrea said...

gorgeous card love the image and detail thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

very fun card and yes I wish I looked like her - oh well - that card will make someone smile.

Barb Housner

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at The Pixie Cottage! Hugs, Karen

Melissa said...

So cute and summery. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Lisa Oliver said...

Big big smile here! Great card!

thekolbes said...

Love it, cute earrings
Trish

Katie said...

Oh my, you certainly gave me the giggle I needed!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, what a fun image, thanks for sharing this week at Delightful Challenges, hugs Wendy x