Saturday, August 13, 2011

Doodle Pantry Quirky Lizard


Oh my gosh... when I saw Laurie's Quirky Lizard in the new releases at Doodle Pantry I just knew I had to play!
We live in Arizona and have lots of lizards and I don't think I've seen one in our area this cute yet!   

My card was a lot of fun to make and it was quick and easy too.  I first printed a sheet of one of the digital papers that comes in the Doodle Pantry Quirky Lizard set and cut a sheet of white cardstock to 5 1/2" X 11".  Using my Scor-Pal I put the 11" side at the top and scored at 4 1/4" and then at 8 1/2 ".  

Then I went to my trusty dies.  My Spellbinders Grands Labels 4 worked best for what I was thinking.  I taped a Labels 4 to the end of my card that was to be the flap, before I taped it down I threaded the cardstock through the Labels 4 die so I would only cut the part I wanted and rolled it part way through my Grand Calibur and rolled it back out.  

I did the same thing to a 5 1/2" wide scrap of Stampin' Up! Summer Sun cardstock and attached it to my card base.  Next I cut the 5 1/2" X 4 1/4" panel of my digital pattered paper and attached it.  

I brought out my Spellbinders Oval dies to see what I could use to frame my Quirky Lizard and took a few measurements so I knew how large to print my Quirky Lizard.  I cut a frame using two Spellbinders Ovals dies, cut out my printed Quirky Lizard with an oval die and fastened it together with foam tape.  

For a little added "something" I used  the left over pieces of a Fanciful Flourish by Cheery Lynn Designs dies that was on the table.  


Here's a peek at the inside of my card.  I used two sentiments that come in the Quirky Lizard set.  Be sure to stop by Doodle Pantry to see all the new digital stamp sets and all the wonderful cards our design team has made for your inspiration.

I hope you enjoyed my card making process today.  If you'd like me to do a tutorial so you can see the steps let me know.  I'm collecting ideas for video tutorials.

Thanks for visiting my blog today_

18 comments:

AllisonG said...

I'm loving this card and this fold, Jan. Perhaps you could do a tutorial on the flap of the card and how you used the Spellbinder to cut part of the shape for it.

Thanks for turning me on to Doodle Pantry because I've got quite a collection now myself thanks to you!

Paula S. said...

Great card Jan. This Fold reminds me of the self smiled style stationery notes I used with pen pals growing up. I think it would make a good tutorial.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous card with incredible details. Adore you design and wonderful mix of bright colors and paper.

auntbeespickles said...

Hi jan, this is just adorable! I totally love the fold it is just fun! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

This is so sweet! Love the fancy folds, and your critter is just adorable!

Maria Matter said...

fun & fabulous Jan! wonderful design!!
enjoy your wknd!
hugs

Kristine said...

Hi Jan! LOVE this... your colors are fantastic and I am really loving how fancy that Grand Spellbinders die made that flap!! Sooo cool *Ü* I just can't keep up with all the cool new stuff coming out. I finally got a cuttlebug and am building my supplies of Spellbinders and now they make a bigger machine and Grand dies---ack! Love em. Can't afford em. Maybe some day! Oh sorry I wrote a book *Ü*

Sharon Basel said...

This is so darn cute Jan! Love your design with those wonderful and bright papers.
Hugs!

Danni said...

What a cute card!! simply adorable!!

Thank you for your sweet comment on my art journal page today!! and also on my sweet Heidi...love your chibi!! Sadly I had to have my Heidi put down a few years ago...I miss her so much but have 2 new dogs to help with that!
I've started following your blog and hope to see more of your wonderful cards. Also so funny, what a small world as the craft group I go to is also the one Sandy from OWH goes too!!

Lorie said...

This is absolutely fabulous! I will totally have to try to use this type of card...how fun!

NanaConnie said...

What a delightful card, Jan! Great fold and the lizard is just so cute!

Cathy P in AZ said...

This is SOOO colorful and adorable! Seriously 'Arizona' for sure! :) I LOVE LIZARDS...and this one is FABULOUS.

Karen Howard said...

Awesome card Jan, love the bright colors! I've only seen a lizard once on vacation at The Grand Canyon.

Heide said...

This put a big smile on my face! So very cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

Wozers, nice card Jan, it's fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with us how you made it, nice details!

Unknown said...

Fabulous card!

Robbie said...

'Leapin Lizards' this is too cute! Love the Flapped card. Awesome job!

Lisa said...

EEEEEE! This is AwEsOmE! I love how you created the card and the lizard is so stinkin' cute! Wonderful design and I love how colorful it is!!!