Friday, March 2, 2012

Wax Fruit Company Pail Bunny


Do you ever need craft therapy?  I know I do!

I've been wanting to color lately, try different color combinations, shading, effects, color what ever I'd like, no pressure, no deadlines...
Today's card is one just for me.  I saw this cute bunny digital image at Wax Fruit Company and tried to use sheer will power not have to make it mine...

The bunny in the pail stole my heart and I had to have it.  I could imagine myself coloring it and wanted to try my hand at making that bucket look real as well as those yummy carrots! 

I looked at Splitcoast Stampers sketch #374 Wednesday and it just all came together in my mind so I went to work on it.  The Copic markers I used are YR09, YR07, YR04, C00, C1, C2, T0, E000, YG63, YG23, YG01, BG0000.  Papers are Via Vellum Basic Black, Mohawk Bright White, Copic X Press It & Stampin' Up! Only Orange.  I also used Spellbinders Ovals, Papertrey Ink. double ended banner die and the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder.  The sentiment is from Marit at Scrap-a-licious Times.

Thanks for visiting today!  
My blog is getting close to reaching 100,000 visitors soon and you're one of them :)

Challenges:
ATC's & Cards With Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Digital Delights
Inspire Me Friday's - Anything Goes
Our Craft Lounge - Black & White with a POP of color
The Stamp Man - The Colors of Spring/Easter
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Our Daily Bread Challenge -
Tic Tac Toe, Digi Stamp, Layers, Embossing

24 comments:

jimlynn said...

Jan, this is just way too cute! In fact, I just "pinned" it to Pinterest. Very cute.
Lynn

Angela Drummond said...

Great card, love the cute image thanks for joining us at ATCs and cards with attitude

debbi taylor said...

This is a great atc - love the splash of colour...
thanks for taking part in the atc with attitude challenge
Debbi x

Joanne said...

I can certainly tell that you are a certified Copic designer because the colouring on this card is first class. Thank you for joining us at ATCs/Cards with Attitude this fortnight.

NanaConnie said...

What a precious image, Jan! Wonderful coloring and I love the embossed background.

fatmonica said...

I love this image!It's a great card.Thanks for sharing it at ATCs and Cards with Attitude.

Unknown said...

Completely gorgeous!!

Beverly G said...

Love your colored image on that black and white background, great coloring. Thanks for entering at ATCs & Cards With Attitude.

Kristie said...

Super cute bunny and what a terrific job you did coloring it. The black layers really finish off the card. Great job!

pinky said...

Just brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
Pinky

Cindy's Card Co said...

Jan these cards are adorable, your coloring is just awesome.

Donna Nuce said...

Very cute card. The bunny coloring is perfect!

Cynthia T said...

The coloring is wonderful! I love the design and that bunny is too-o-o-o cute ;)

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Jan -- What a cute bunny -- I can understand why you would want to have it -- your coloring is outstanding. I really like the sketch too. As you say -- it did all come together very nicely. As always -- your blog is a wealth of inspiration. Thanks

Sharon

Helen Ding said...

love the black and white look with the splash of colour.
Thanks for taking part in the ATC & Cards with Attitude challenge

Jen M said...

This is soooo cute! Great job, Jan!

Donna Hanley said...

Hi Jan, You certainly accomplished what you set out to do. Your coloring is perfect in my book. All around adorable card. 100,000 visits, WOW. It's always so nice to visit your blog and grab some wonderful inspiration from you. Have a great day.

Dolores A. said...

Jan...your beautiful cards are always an inspiration for me.
Great layout choice and coloring.

Liz said...

A great card !!! Thanks for joining us this week at C4E
Liz

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and the embossing. Thank you for joining us at ATC's With Attitude this fortnight xx

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Stephanie said...

This is so cute, thanks for playing at Our Craft Lounge this week.

Sybrina K said...

Jan,

This is just adorable! So darn cute! Love the oval on top of the embossed rectangles.

Shari B said...

That bunny is so stinkin' cute! I can see why you had to have it! Great card design - perfectly executed! Love your color choices!