Friday, April 6, 2012

Hambo Stamps Paper Boy


I had so much fun making this card!

I love Hambo Stamps and haven't had time to play in their weekly challenge until last week with the new stamps that they have for Operation Write Home.  I clicked the link Wednesday morning and found the newest challenge and couldn't resist, I think I'm hooked!

The theme of the challenge is to make a card with an extra fold, hmmm...
I'm not quite clear on what they mean by that but I did my best to incorporate another fold or two or three...

I also noticed the Tuesday Tutorial at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps for a special fold pop up card and wanted to give it a try.  My card is based off that tutorial but I changed some measurements to make it work better for me.


Here's a picture of it open, the "hey dad" I made on the computer to match the Hambo sentiment because I'll use it for a Birthday or Father's Day card for my Operation Write Home box.  I wanted to hide part of the sliding mechanism and balance my card so I printed "hey dad" on red cardstock and made a tab.


Here's a photo of what the piece looks like before you add your image and my tab.


I made the body of the card first and then colored my cute Hambo Paperboy with Copic markers:  N1, N2, N3, E41, E42, E43, E44, B000, B91, B93, B95, B97, YG01, YG03, YG05, YG25, E000, E00, E01, E02, E04, R20, W0, W1, C0, C1.  I created a patch of grass for him to stand on and a cloud background to finish it off.  If you'd like to learn how to make a cloud background with Copic markers I have a tutorial here.

Paper colors are Neenah Patriot Blue Linen, Red Pepper Linen & Kraft, Via Vellum Leaf Green and Copic X Press It.  A little scrap of grossgrain ribbon and a fun Hambo card ready to go to Operation Write Home.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Hambo Hoedown - Extra Fold
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Tuesday Tutorial - Pop Up Card
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Little Darlings - Outside
Scrapbook Sisterz - Dad's Birthday/Men
Inspire Me Friday's - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Linda said...

Pat yourself on the back...this is perfect! TFS!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful Father's Day card - super card design and that image is great! Your coloring really brought it to life! Well done my friend! Hugz!

Mary J said...

So clever Jan, I love this!

Kathy V. said...

What a perfect way to showcase that adorable stamp, Jan! Very nicely executed, too. Cute, cute, cute!!!!

Lee Mae said...

Jan, what a great card design! I love how you turned it into a Father's Day card and a special pop up card at the same time. Thanks for sharing how you made it.

Unknown said...

That is terrific and I love the colors with kraft.

Anonymous said...

Jan,

Love your card!

Bev aka sf_crafter

Judy Rozema said...

What a COOL design! I love the colors on the kraft and your fold is so awesome! So glad you joined us at the Hoedown this week!

Deborah Anton said...

This is fabulous! I love this style of card you chose and the background is wonderful!

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Jan. Oh my gosh this is just soooooooooooooo cool. I love love love it. Love your color choices gf.

Anonymous said...

Jan,

Congratulations on winning Hambo Hoedown's the "Best of Show" with your wonderful card.

Bev