Monday, June 4, 2012

Cuddly Buddly Lilyboo Sweet Meadow Corner


I have a fun card to share with you today using a Cuddly Buddly Lilyboo Designs digital image called Sweet Meadow Corner.  This digital stamp/image is made for a corner, I'm totally inspired by the image and wanted to color it but wasn't sure how I was going to use it in a layout in a corner.  I came up with the next best thing for me...  the out of the box technique!  I have to tell you it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be, the little leaves I needed to cut out were a challenge but you know I like challenges. 

I colored the Sweet Meadow Corner with Copic markers Y13, Y15, Y17, YR61, YR65, YR68, YR04, YR07, YR09, YG01, YG03, YG23, YG25, YG63, YG67, BG90, BG93, BG96, BG000, BG0000, E42, E43, E44.  I used a package of Cuddly Buddly digital paper called A Patchwork of Papers - Yellow printing two swatches on an 8 1/2" X 11" sheet of 70 lb. text weight white paper.  The cardstock colors are Via Vellum Basic Black & Leaf Green and Stampin' Up! Only Orange.  For the out of the box technique I used Spellbinders Ovals dies, the Cuddly Buddly sentiment from the Sugar & Spice sentiment set is cut out with a Spellbinder Square die and the smallest Spellbinders Eyelet Square die because I don't have the scalloped square dies, yet.  The Only Orange panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirl embossing folder.  I also had just enough patterned paper to make an envelope liner to match my card and make it feel a little more special.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Just beautiful and sweet, Jan.

pinky said...

Stunning card, gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Pinky

Misty said...

Fantastic card as usual.

Shelby said...

What a wonderful and cheery card! Fantastic coloring as well. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments

Shelby

Jac’s Playground said...

Love this so versatile an image, love how you used the out of frame technique and your colours are glorious, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

Karen Howard said...

Jan, this looks fabulous and I love the out of the box technique! Karen