Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hambo Stamps Sweetheart Pig


Happy 4th of July!

I hope you are enjoying the holiday!

Today is our wedding anniversary and the start of the weekly Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps Midweek Throwdown challenge so I picked the challenge theme as - Anniversary Cards...

I LOVE Hambo Stamps and had to have this cute stamp and sentiment when I saw them to make the perfect Anniversary and Valentine cards.   I've been asked to make a dozen Anniversary cards for our church and was thinking there should be a few of these in there, hehehe.

I colored the cute Sweetheart Pig with Copic markers:

Swine Flesh:  YR0000, YR000, YR00, R01
Shorts:  BV0000, BV000, BV00, R35, R46
Flowers:  R35, R46, R59, G21, G24
Balloon:  BG10, BG11, BG13
Background Outline:  B0000, B00
Shadows:  BV000, W0

My paper choices are Via Vellum Black, Copic X Press It, Neenah Red Pepper, Stampin' Up! Taken With Teal & Discount Card Stock Cobalt.  The layout is one of my favorite sketches I had to search my files for from Splitcoast Stampers, Sketch Challenge #314.

Be sure to stop by the Hambo Hoedown today too, our challenge is running for two weeks so you still have plenty of time to play!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Anniversary Cards
Creatalicious Challenges - Anything Goes
The Cupcake Craftroom - Layers
Mema's Crafts - Anything Goes
Oozak - Bright Colors




14 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Good Morning Jan, This is so cute. The black matting on all of your pieces really make everything pop. I love to mate with black. Adorable sentiment. What "lady" could possibly resist this little guy all decked out in the shorts bears such great gifts? Have a fabulous day

Sherry Hickey said...

Hi Jan, your card (and Donna's comment above) have me chuckling! What a cute cute anniversary card! I have been busy with wedding stuff (my son's wedding is 7/28)but I hope to jump back on the Hambo hay wagon! Happy 4th!

Misty said...

Happy Anniversary! The minute this page popped up, I was giggling! I love this card! As usual, your coloring is stunning! Have a great Day!! ♥

Hummer Hugs,
Misty
I am still looking for participants for my Hop & Sponsors as well.
You get a FREE Alpha gift, just for joining in the lineup!
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

Carol L said...

What a super cute and FUN anniversary card! I adore that sentiment! Those tiny embossed red hearts in the background perfectly compliment this oinkers sexy drawers! Adorable card :) Happy July 4th to you and yours!

jimlynn said...

TOOOOO CUTE!!!! Love this little guy Jan. Precious card!
Hope you have a great day.
Lynn

Linda said...

Great card! Love your coloring as always! TFS!!!

Dixie Cochran said...

Jan, I really did laugh out loud at this one!!! That's the best! Happy anniversary!!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

LOL! What a cute piggy :)

Ruby Craft said...

A pig in boxer shorts bearing gifts??? What a hoot!!! Love the way you colored him and all the bright colors.

Donna Nuce said...

this pig is so cute, but then so is any pig from Hambo! Your coloring is gorgeous. I love the color combination you used.

Mema's Crafts said...

First of all Happy Anniversary! Thanks for sharing such a cute little piggie with us at Mema's Crafts. Good Luck and hope to see you in other challenges.

mandy said...

i really like your CAS layering, very cute!

it's lovely to see you over in the cupcake craftroom! thanks for joining us

Mandy :)

Theresa said...

What a great image and cute sentiment. Thanks for joining us this month at the Cupcake Craftroom.

Sandy Allnock said...

I am so glad I finally have time to catch up on all the Oozak entries, Jan - yours just made me guffaw!! Hugs to you!

Sandy