Friday, July 27, 2012

Rolodex V524 Jr. Sweet Summertime


Happy Friday, I'm back with another blog post about my Rolodex V524 Jr. 

Today I wanted to practice coloring reds with my Copic markers.  I used Papertrey Ink's Friendship Jar & Friendship Jar Summer Fillers stamp sets along with their Desktop File dies.  I stamped the images on the already cut out Desktop File die and went to work coloring.  

Some of you might already know I love mason jars and enjoy collecting and using them. 


The old mason jars we have are what inspired my color choice for the jar today.


Pictured above is the file card behind the colored image.  I used the Papertrey Ink Desktop File Inspiration stamp set to stamp this and modified it ever so slightly to record my marker choices.  The modification is I drew extra lines to color in using a Copic multiliner.  


Here's a close up of the colored strawberries in the jar.  

I'll be back next Friday with another idea of how to use these Desktop File dies and the Rolodex V524 Jr.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges - Summer
Crafty Sentiments - Food Inspired
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

7 comments:

Pia S said...

I'ms SO impressed by your beautiful coloring of the strawberries- they look so sweet and so real! Lovely card. Spotted this on MIM.

Deanna said...

Beautiful coloring! I love your image of the Mason Jar. It brings back such warm summer nights memories of catching fireflies in the..lol, Those strawberries look so delicious.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What awesome colouring sweetie. I saw you on MIM this week and I am so pleased I took a closer look.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a fabulous project. Love the beautiful card with delightful color scheme! Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday this week...:)

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is fabulous .. gorgeous colours. The strawberrys look good enough to eat
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our food challenge
Lisa x

Eva Marie said...

Some strawberries for me please...lol
A fab project ♥
Thanks for joining us at DVC
xx

Anonymous said...

Oooh yummy, and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley. xx