Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Operation Write Home MIdweek Throwdown Challenge


We have a new Midweek Throwdown color challenge starting today at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!  We're being challenged to work with Kraft cardstock and any other colors we'd like to put with it.  I love kraft card stock with red, white & Blue so that's what I did for my card today.

I saw this layout at my friend Carol's blog last month and had to try it.  It wasn't easy but I got it and mass produced several of these using different 6 X 6 paper pads I'll show you another time.  

The sentiment is made by Verve, I'm not sure if it was in a set or was a single.  I stamped it in Stampin' Up! Night of Navy ink and cut it out with Spellbinders circles.  I also used a Spellbinders circle to cut the half circle.  The stars embossing folder is made by The Paper Studio and came from Hobby Lobby.  

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps - Kraft Color Challenge
Cards & More - Anything Goes using a stamp
Creative Craft Challenges - Just A Sentiment

10 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

The layout on this is just stunning Jan! Those rays look fantastic and love the embossing too :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the 'sunburst'.

Carol L said...

These colors together are so striking! Thanks for the shout-out - I made a permanent template so I can make more too! This turned out great, and I REALLY love that embossing on the kraft!

Jen M said...

This is great, I never thought to put the starburst on the bottom but it looks awesome!

ThePurplePlace said...

You always create such wonderful cards and I am always so inspired and impressed by your fabulous artistic skills.

OWH and ALL your design teams are very lucky to have you!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Fabulous card. beautiful design. Thanks for the visit and sweet luv. Hugs

Claudia said...

Hi Jan, what a stylish card. Love your layout, this looks fantastic.
Thank you very much for joining us at Cards und More Challenge.
Hugs Claudia

Lori Law, Clovis Ca said...

Jan, I love how the burst is indented for the sentiment. Very clever. I'll have to CAS that.

Anja said...

Wow, it looks great!!
Love the colours :)
Thanks for joining us at Cards und More.
Hugs, Anja

Karen Howard said...

Love the red, white and blue rays! Fabulous card!