Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Hambo Stamps Heart Basket


Help I'm totally obsessed with this sketch!

This is Splitcoaststampers sketch challenge #403 from last week and I can't stop using it, lol...
Am I the only one that does this?  I have to see it in every color with all the different stamps and papers I can imagine - you know all the possibilities?  I think the reason I'm so in love with this sketch is it's simplicity.
It just speaks to me...in a good way, easy now 8-)

The stamp I used is a Hambo Stamps digital stamp set called Heart Basket, I colored it with Copic markers:

Hearts - RV14, RV23
Basket - W1, W3, W4, W5
Background/Outline - BG0000, BG11

I don't use my Red Violet Copic markers very often and wanted to give them a try today.
I pulled out a sheet of Papertrey Ink's Hibiscus Burst card stock and matched it pretty closely to my markers.  Since I was matting in black I didn't want to make my basket brown so I colored it using warm grays, they're gray but have a brownish hue to them.  

For card stocks I used Via Vellum Black, Mohawk Bright White, Papertrey Ink Hibiscus Burst, X Press It blending card.  Other supplies used are Spellbinders Circles dies and a We R Memory Keepers 1/8th inch corner chomper.  The sentiment is part of the digital stamp set so it's printed on the white panel.
Quick, easy and fun!

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers - Sketch Challenge #403
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Order of the Opus Gluei - Sketch Any Sketch
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Marker Pop - Color Something

9 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely CAS card. I love the sketch you used. TFS.

Renee said...

Super cute Jan….love the image and the sketch!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Jan this is simply gorgeous! I really love your take on the sketch...great work :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful take on the sketch. :) Terrific card and love the colors you used, they really pop. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!


Sandy said...

Love your take on the sketch, great colors. Thanks so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody and good luck..
Sandy :)

Rosemary said...

I often use a well loved sketch over and over; why not? I mean, when you got your mojo going with it - have some fun with all the different combos. This is lovely, the card is so clean and simple, and it makes the sentiment all the more striking!

Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Opus Gluei, I hope you check us out on future themes as well!

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #111 and #124.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

Hugs,

Julia




Gini said...

It speaks to me too!
Absolutely gorgeous card the black makes the copics really pop.
Thank you for joining Opus Gluei this fortnight :-)
Gini
xx

Jana said...

This card is so sweet. I love that stamp. I can see why you love this sketch. It's a great one. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.