Thursday, September 27, 2012

Paper Smooches Zoo Crew


I have a fun card to share today using the Paper Smooches Zoo Crew stamp set.


My card is actually for their Sparks challenge, the theme is Picture Perfect.


I've included the inspiration photo.

The parts of the photo that played in my mind are the oval shaped mirror frame, the light blue color and the green pears or apples in the vase.  

The odd thing perhaps that I added is the Chevron die but it reminded me of the alligators back repeating the zig zag pattern.

After coloring the blue around the alligator I went to find blue paper and didn't have anything the right shade.  I LOVE Copic markers!  I added some B0000 reinker to a Mini Mister and spritzed it onto a panel of white X Press It and have beautifully matching paper now.


Here's what the Mini Mister's look like.  I think they're quite handy filled with Copic marker refill inks.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

Challenges:

7 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

You always leave me with great ideas. The simplicity of the adorable card and the use of copics and mini spritzer.

Cheryl First said...

Oh, Jan....that sentiment made me stop to think for a moment, and then I started cracking up! Great card
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Cheryl First said...

Oh, Jan....that sentiment made me stop to think for a moment, and then I started cracking up! Great card
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions

Katie Ann Brooks said...

hehe, later gator, love it!

Chris Dring said...

Love your card! What a fabulous job! Punny cards are the best!

Renee said...

This is too cute Jan!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Great use of these colors and that frame for the gator! I really need to ink that guy up! THANKS for playing along and joining in the fun over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)