Saturday, September 1, 2012

Verve Visual Triple Time Stamping for OWH


I have one more card ready for the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party!
This card is for challenge #4 coming from Donna Inks blog, the challenge is to use Triple Time Stamping.

Donna shows in nice detail how to do the technique.  I've seen these cards before but hadn't made an attempt to make any yet - what fun I was missing!  It took me longer to figure out what stamps I'd like to use than it did to make the card...  

The stamps I used are two rubber stamps made by Inkadinkado that I've had for several years now and a new cling stamp from Verve Visual called Grace.  I don't "stamp" as much as I used to, I was hoping my neglected ink pads still had ink enough to work for me and they did.  I used Palette Jardin Moss & Raw Sienna as well as Momento Rich Cocoa.  My paper is Neenah Solar White & Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend.  It's business as usual at our house, husband working, kids out of school & Mom and Kids working on laundry.  I'm getting a little "me time" to play in the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party challenges so I'm content.

I think it's time to clean up my mess for awhile now...

Challenges:
OWH VCMP, Donna Inks hostess - Triple Time Stamping

12 comments:

Paula S. said...

Stunning work with this one Jan! Framing the sentiment with this technique works perfectly. I hadn't even considered that when I did mine. Hope you enjoy the VCMP this weekend!

Donna said...

Love your stamps and colors used on this card, also framing the sentiment is great! So glad you enjoyed the tutorial. Thank you for playing along!

Kathy S said...

You've done a great job on you 3 step stamping card. Love the stamps and the sentiment too.

Carolynn said...

Beautiful and elegant card-- although the triple time technique is actually not that hard to do (once you've figured it out ;0)choosing the right image(s) seems to be the trick, and you've rocked it! I love the sense of motion you've created with the leaves and swirls.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! I'm loving all these autumn leaf cards in this challenge. Great choice of colors and that sentiment is so though-provoking. TFS!

Carolynn said...

Beautiful and elegant-- and I love the sense of motion in your card.

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

oh wow, this is stunning! Gorgeous stamping and fab sentiment. You have inspired me and i have to go and try this technique too! I love the stamps you used and the colour combo and bow compliment each other so well. Fantastic! Im your newest follower too! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Jill x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Jan this is just beautiful. I can't believe you made that paper! Stunning! Beautiful sentiment too :)

grandmalee said...

I'm like you, I haven't tried this technique yet, but will have to give it a try for OWH. Yours really turned out gorgeous! Love those gorgeous fall colors, and the stamps are perfect for this technique.

I'm fixing up a house for a friend now, but hope to get some time to play with some of the fun challenges this weekend. I always look forward to these OWH weekend parties. I wouldn't have met such wonderful people like you and so many others if I hadn't found OWH.

AllisonG said...

I love how this turned out and how the quote takes center stage. It looks like your card bases for each layer may be a bit smaller than the tutorial showed - I like the look it gives.

Jen M said...

I really like this, Jan! I love the stamps you used and how you left the sentiment just stamped on top, with the bow accent! Hope you finished all the laundry... it's never-ending here! :)

Donna Hanley said...

Jut beautiful Jan. I love the autumn colors. It is always such a pleasure to see your card.