Monday, March 11, 2013

Hook's Lines & Inkers Dazse


I have a fun card to share today using a couple of stamps from my stash using a masking technique.

These two stamps are really old, the date on them is 1993, they are made by "Hook's Lines & Inkers" one is called Cat Tails and the other is Dazse.  I bought these when I was in Cody, Wyoming in 2004 and haven't used them very often.  I "googled" the company name and found lots of their stamps for sale on E Bay so I don't know if they are still in business or not.  

Using Memento Tuxedo Black ink I stamped the cow on X Press It blending card and then stamped it on a post it note.  I cut the cow out on the post it note for a mask and put it over the cow I'd first stamped.  I then inked the Cat Tails stamp and stamped on either side of my cow.  An oldie but goodie stamping technique called masking.  I then colored my scene with Copic markers:

N1, N3, N5, N7, N9
E41, E42, E44, E47, E34
RV00, RV10
B0000, B01
B63, YR68

It's a large stamped image without Cat Tails but I like it even better with them so I had to keep my card layout simple.  The sentiment I used is by Papertrey Ink.  I tried to think of something cute that the cow might have to say but couldn't think of anything.  Any ideas?

My pink paper is almost as old as my stamps...  it's Stampin' Up! Pretty Ink Pink, the others are Mohawk Bright White & Astrobrights Eclipse Black.

Thanks for visiting my blog today -

2 comments:

Green Bean said...

Hello!
I used to hand-cut rubber stamps for Hook's, Lines and Inkers years ago. Do you know if they're still in business? I've been REALLY out of the loop and am just curious.

Green Bean said...

Hello!
I used to hand-cut rubber stamps for Hook's, Lines and Inkers years ago. I wondered if you know if they're still in business? I have REALLY been out of the "loop" and was just curious. I can't find much info on them, just stamps on eBay, etc.