Saturday, September 10, 2016

Blog Revival

Hello Blog Friends!

I think it's time for a blog revival here.  I've felt like if I wasn't making cards I didn't really have anything to blog about but I was wrong.  I've still been making things and life moves forward.

Since I was here last I turned a creative corner, several in fact.
I haven't made any cards, after making thousands of them I just can't anymore.  I still love the images, the supplies to make them, giving and receiving them.  That part of my creative life is done for now.

I started making soap and other beauty/skin related things and have really enjoyed that.
I started a soap business that has been successful here locally.  

The summer of 2015 my husband & I went to Prescott Arizona for a get away trip.  We stayed at a beautiful bed and breakfast & spent time down town exploring the museums, gallery's and historic homes.  When we returned home I told him I'd like to start making jewelry.  I was inspired by what I'd seen in Prescott.  Mind you, I've never been a big jewelry wearer...  so I wasn't really sure where this had come from.  

Looking at it now I realize it's a love for art and design that inspires me to create jewelry.
It didn't take long to start collecting supplies and looking for online sources for learning and I'd started my journey.  A few weeks into this new adventure my husband told me he'd like to learn to make jewelry too.  How cool is that?!  We started another business creating and selling our jewelry that has been rewarding and something fun to do together.

And, I'm still making soap/bath & beauty products so life is busy!

So, that's what we've been doing and that's what I'll be sharing here mostly.

I hope you'll come along for the ride with us!

No comments: