Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Copper & Aventurine Necklace


Aventurine & Antiqued Copper Necklace
I've been working on necklaces and bracelets using semi precious gemstones while learning new techniques for making fancy links with copper wire.  Two books have been helpful learning resources for me, Handcraft Wire Jewelry and The Missing Link
This necklace is Aventurine & Antiqued Copper with a fancy link in between each stone. It measures 19" in length from end to end and has a hand forged hook and eye closure. The copper has been treated to maintain the antiqued finish.
ProtectaClear is my go to when it's time to finish a piece of copper jewelry, I like the way it seals and protects copper to prevent it from tarnishing and further than the patina I've given it.  Copper treated with ProtectaClear can also help prevent your skin from turning green if your chemistry reacts to copper in that way!

No comments: