Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Kingman Boulder Turquoise Necklace


I thought it might be fun to start sharing some of the jewelry I've made using the Kingman Turquoise from our trip not too long ago.  This necklace uses Boulder Turquoise.  This type of Turquoise has more of the "host rock" in it than regular Kingman Turquoise.  I love the look of it!

 I used a rectangle shaped bead for a focal in the center of the necklace that I thought was gorgeous then added the Classic Hoop link between the 8mm Boulder Turquoise beads.  It's finished with a handmade hook and eye closure and has been antiqued and polished to bring out the beauty of the metal then treated with ProtectaClear to preserve the patina I gave it.  It measures about 18" long.

I also made a pair of matching earrings.  My Classic Hoops don't always look identical but these two I focused all my energy on getting them as close as possible!  

If you are interested in learning how to make the Classic Hoops I learned from The Missing Link book by Cindy Wimmer.

No comments: