Friday, October 21, 2016

Swanstrom Round Disk Cutter Earrings


I've been working with our Swanstrom Disk Cutter again making earrings.  

These earrings were made using a 3/4" copper disks that I cut out and sanded the edges.  Then I added brass and copper rivets with silver washers under them.  To finish the earrings I used brass eyelets and small copper jump rings.  

For this pair of earrings I used the disk cutter to cut a sterling silver washer type disk to frame the copper Chain Maille Scales, added sterling silver and copper jump rings for a fun pair of mixed metal earrings.


These etched copper earrings have two different size disks that nest together.  I've added brass eyelets to hold the disks together then two different sized jump rings to fasten them to the ear wires.  

This pair of earrings is a great example of how I like to use my disk cutter on a sheet of copper I've already etched.


No comments: