Monday, November 14, 2016

Etching Copper & Rubber Stamping with Inkadinkado


When I put away my rubber stamps a few years ago I had no idea I'd be bringing them out again and going in a whole new direction.  And, I had no idea that my experience as a rubber stamper would be helpful in the future either.

I've discovered etching on metal and have been having so much fun!

I don't have many rubber stamps left so I've needed to do a little shopping for stamps that are small enough to fit on a 1" to 1 1/4" canvas.  For this particular bracelet I used a stamp made by INKADINKADO and stamped it on my bracelet blank (1" or 1 1/4" strip of copper) three times to continue the pattern the entire length.  After it's been stamped and prepared it goes into an etching solution for a few hours.  When that's done, the copper needs to be neutralized, cleaned up, antiqued, shaped into a bracelet and polished.  It's a process and I love the results!

Thanks for visiting my blog today ~

Clever Chick's Link Party

No comments: